Saturday, January 31, 2015

A New Chapter of My Life in Houston

It has been ages since I write a new blog. Can you believe that time flies so fast that blog is obsolete in this world right now. Facebook, twitter, instagram...they are the new trend of this era. Well, call me old fashion but I really miss the time sitting in front of the computer (not laptop), updating my blog every single day, thinking and reflecting the meaning of life and imagine my future. Perhaps, looking back to the old posts of mien, I realized that I was so childish and immature. There are so much of negativity in my posts. It makes me realize something: sometimes things are not really a big deal if we just let it go. However, I know people are filled with emotions and most of the time driven by anger. I know I was complaining a lot about the things around in Malaysia and I was looking forward to the new life in Houston. I always thought that United States is going to be awesome, interesting and fantastic. Nonetheless, things don't always go what we expect.

On the very first day I reached Houston, the feeling that the airport gave me was not as pleasant as I once expected. I never thought that I would say this, but I am fortunate enough to have my mom with me in this trip. Entering into a new environment, I wasn't really prepare for it. All I thought was that Houston -- great city in Texas with lots of Asians. Well, that is kinda true but I am not emotionally prepared to face this new challenge.

Being in a new environment, you are going to be tough,take initiative to know people and finally learn to step a foot in the reality. University is a simulation of the real world. People aren't always the nicest people on the earth. Most of the people here are somehow rude-ish, and like to curse or swear a lot. I thought that I was having a culture shock.I tried to be friend with people but it didn't even matter because people here don't like to talk. They are not treating you as buddy or "mate", I guess most of them just think you are just some ordinary dude from somewhere else. 

Honestly, my experiences in Houston are not that pleasant after all. Lots of troubles, lots of issues dealing with people, roommate issue etc. Well, there's a saying, "When life gives you lemons, make a lemonade!" I think that is what I am doing right now, finding the bright side, the silver lining over the dark cloud. Even though I know that there will be more challenges coming in my way, there might be lots of ups and downs in here, I still believe that I can get through all this with the help of Jesus! One thing I am grateful of is that I have Jesus and a group of great Christians friend in here. They are my great encouragement and motivation to move forward.

After all, I just don't want to be alone anymore. I just hate the feeling of being lonely all the time and all I can do is to hang out with somebody that I don't like. Deep down my heart, I really want to find a group of friends that I can hang out with; people that know me well enough and accept me as who I am. I really pray to God that I can find somebody that I can hang out with all the time, study together, having lunch together, having  fun and all sorts of things. I really want to make this time of my life to be memorable and leave a great mark in my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment